The Brazos Valley Council of Governments (BVCOG) Solid Waste Program is funded by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). The BVCOG Solid Waste Management program includes:
- Development of a regional solid waste management plan;
- Provision of technical and financial assistance to regional entities in addressing solid waste problems; and
- Coordination of efforts to seek regional solutions to those problems.
Notice: The FY 2017 Implementation Project Grant Application with Instructions and Forms has been revised effective April 2016. Please submit your Solid Waste Grant application using the updated forms. If you have any question, feel free to contact Candilyn McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recognize the benefits of recycling. Take the Recycling Pledge. For more information, go to americarecyclesday.org. Learn the value of reducing, reusing, and recycling materials all year long.
TEXAS RECYCLES DAY- NOVEMBER 15, 2016
Outdoor Burning Brochure….The Texas Commission on Environmental (TCEQ) has developed a new brochure on outdoor burning to help Volunteer Fire Departments, Code Enforcement Officers, and other entities communicate to private citizens the basic Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to burning items outside. It is printed in both English and Spanish. Check the Solid Waste Resource Center under “Brochures”.
National Battery Day will be celebrated on Saturday,
February 18. During the first 18 days of February we will shine a spotlight on the role that batteries play in our daily lives and encourage consumers to recycle their used batteries at nearby drop-off locations.
Call2Recycle’s National Battery Day campaign runs from Feb. 1 to 18 in both the US and Canada. Leading retailers, municipalities and industry stewards will join together to raise awareness of battery use and recycling in their local communities. We invite all Call2Recycle collection sites to participate in the campaign:
• Join the conversation on social media (Twitter and Facebook) using the #ChargeUp2017 and #NationalBatteryDay hashtags.
• Visit our special campaign web page to download social media templates and digital banners for local promotions.
• Watch for digital ads, a press release, educational articles, and e-blasts to help educate consumers about how to recycle batteries and suggest nearby drop-off sites.