BVCOG wins AEP Award for excellence in procurement!
Brazos Valley Council of Governments has been nominated, and won, the NPI award for Achievement of Excellence in Procurement ® for its procurement program! This prestigious award recognizes our program for its efficiency and organizational excellence with the new ProcureNow automated bid process.
The Brazos Valley Council of Governments (BVCOG) is a political subdivision of the State of Texas that complies with the same procedures for purchasing goods and services that apply to local governments. We are a unique agency because of the various ways in which we are funded - local, state, and federal. Sometimes the funding agency will dictate the purchasing rules we must follow.
BVCOG uses a competitive procurement process, allowing for open competition and a more transparent approach. In compliance with the local, state, and federal laws and regulations, our process ensures that purchases are obtained economically and efficiently. The following information will assist suppliers in familiarizing themselves with how to conduct business with BVCOG.
Doing Business with BVCOG
The Purchasing Program of the Brazos Valley Council of Governments (BVCOG) has partnered with OpenGovfor a fully automated, web-based electronic bidding system and vendor management system. Below are the bids and proposals currently being solicited and the corresponding closing dates for each.
Subscribe to OpenGov
Our new e-Procurement Portal will allow interested parties to do the following:
- Register (for free) to bid and receive notifications of future opportunities in the e-Procurement Portal by selecting “Subscribe” to create an account.
- Follow updates to existing solicitations by finding the solicitation and clicking the “Follow” button. This will allow all interested parties to receive amendments and addenda automatically.
- Submit questions and receive answers for open solicitations.
- Guide vendors through the process of responding electronically to RFPs, bids, etc. to ensure submissions have been accurately completed.
- Ultimately, have one location for all bid opportunities issued by BVCOG.
Paper bid submissions will still be available. Full instructions will be included in each bid opportunity.